You can help your clients feel more confident after injury or surgery, and make sure that they are compensated for the cost of skin camouflage.
Skin Camouflage is the application of specialist camouflage product to areas of skin suffering from pigmentation issues in order to lessen their visual impact. Skin camouflage is relevant in litigation involving personal injury, medical and clinical negligence, self-harm and rehabilitation. Camouflage products are an easy and cost-efficient means of reducing the visual impact of the scars, which can help clients with their appearance, self-confidence and the psychological after-effects of traumatic events.
A Skin Camouflage Expert Witness Report or Medico-Legal Report is a quantum report that sets out the practitioner’s assessment of a client’s skin camouflage requirements following a consultation. It details recommended products, the reasons behind the recommendations, any necessary tools and accessories, the rate of replacement of products and accessories, and individual prices for the above. It can be instructed on behalf of either claimant or defendant.
What Makes Us Different?
- Passionate about our clients, we provide empathetic, discreet and results-based services.
- Babs Forman, the founder of Skin Confident, is an Allen & Overy alumnus. She is a qualified non-practicing solicitor listed on the SRA roll and therefore fully understands the English legal system as well as your requirements.
- Our reports are all CPR Part 35 compliant and drafted to the highest professional standards.
- Client consultations can be arranged at the Skin Confident studio or as a home visit, including on Saturdays where required.
- We have fast turnaround on requests and aim to provide a consultation within 10 working days. The report will be returned to the instructing solicitor within 10 working days of the consultation taking place.
- Consultations available in French and German.
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Accredited by the British Association of Skin Camouflage
- First Tier Expert Witness with the APIL
- Member of the Expert Witness Institute (EWI)
- Fully insured for expert witness work and skin camouflage services
- Enhanced DBS cleared
- Registered with the ICO as a data controller
- On the SRA’s roll of non-practicing solicitors