SKIN CONFIDENT CAN HELP YOU REDUCE THE APPEARANCE OF PORT WINE STAINS
Skin Confident will teach you how to quickly and easily cover up port wine stains with specialised products that last all day. The biggest problem with port wine stains is often the intensity of colour. Any flesh-toned concealer that you try to use to cover it up can end up looking grey and leaving a ‘shadow’. Babs can show you how to use colour correcting principles to knock out the underlying redness or purple, so that the end result is a lot more natural looking.
DURING YOUR EXPERT SKIN CAMOUFLAGE CONSULTATION WE WILL:
- Identify a skin colour match that blends seamlessly with the rest of your skin
- Teach you how to apply and remove the products yourself easily and quickly
- Recommend products that are water and sweat resistant, easy to apply and remove, and extremely long lasting
- Adapt our recommendation based on the area affected and how much cover you want to achieve
- Use medical grade, professional products that will not irritate your skin
- You can buy products direct from Skin Confident if you wish
- Explain how to obtain products on prescription, if applicable
HOW DOES SKIN CAMOUFLAGE WORK?
Skin camouflage products differ from traditional make-up concealer products because they are a lot more pigmented and long-lasting. They were originally designed as a ‘scar crème’ for soldiers having suffered from scarring in WW II to be easy to use and provide full coverage without looking like make-up. Skin Confident works out the best colour match for your skin on the basis of colour theory, using the correct shade to counter-act the dominant colour of your port wine stain, e.g. orange-based products to counter-act purple, yellow-based products to counter-act redness. There are now several different brands offering skin camouflage products and a huge range of shades to choose from to match your skin tone.
COMBINED SKIN CAMOUFLAGE AND MAKE-UP CONSULTATION
As a qualified and experienced make-up artist, Babs can show you how to combine your skin camouflage with every-day make-up to leave you with flawless, beautiful coverage. She can teach you how to accentuate your best features and further draw attention away from your skin.
Read more about the Combined Skin Camouflage and Make-Up Consultation